How To Add Interac e-Transfer on Shopify
Setting up your ecommerce business on Shopify equips you with helpful apps that can boost sales. That’s why we’re excited to tell you about the latest addition to the Shopify App Store: the ability to accept Interac e-Transfer® payments with DirectPay. If you’re not familiar with Interac e-Transfer (and you probably are), it’s Canada’s most popular payment method—3 out of 4 Canadians regularly use it to make a payment or send money. And this inherent popularity can fuel your sales and loyalty.
How does DirectPay work?
When your customers go to checkout of your store, they will select DirectPay as their payment option and follow the incredibly easy and accessible system. All the customer has to do is select their bank and confirm the amount. The funds are secured instantly and you don’t have to worry about chargebacks, security or storing of payment details.
What are the benefits of Interac e-Transfer?
Having Interac e-Transfer® as a payment option on Shopify has huge advantages for your business including:
- Take advantage of e-Transfer's popularity in Canada
- Lower cart abandonment with a seamless checkout
- Increase Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) to encourage repeat purchases by supporting customers' preferred way to pay
- Cut rising costs by a whopping 38% when compared to credit cards thanks to the transparent pricing, lower transaction fee, and no setup or network/monthly access fee
Learn more about different payment methods (BuyNowPayLater options, Wallets, Credit Cards, Debit, E-Transfer) and how they stack up against each other. Read more.
How to add DirectPay to your store
There’s only one way for your Shopify store to start accepting Interac e-Transfer payments—and that’s through DirectPay. Fortunately, it’s easy enough to set up that you don’t need any advanced technical skills. Just follow these simple steps.
- Install the DirectPay Shopify App from the Shopify App Store. Visit the Shopify App Store.
- Visit the DirectPay Partner Portal and sign in with your Shopify store. There you will complete and submit the DirectPay application.
- In a day or two, you will receive an approval email directing you back to the DirectPay Partner Portal, where you hit "Setup DirectPay".
- This will take you to your store's payment settings, where you hit the green "Activate Interac e-
- Transfer with DirectPay", and your store is all set to accept Interac e-Transfer!
Pro Tip: Let your customers know that their favourite payment method is now available on your store. Contact your onboarding manager for marketing and collateral support
Now you are set up and ready to bring in more sales with Interac e-Transfer with DirectPay!